please note that these questions were compiled a few weeks ago so some of them may be a little out of date when published on this site.
Trivia Quiz Week 36 2011 www.mikeprincedj.com
1. Which Stockport born actress is joining the daytime TV show ‘Loose Women’ later this month ?
2. What is the largest country in the world by area ?
3. Traditionally what is the main alcoholic ingredient of the French dish ‘coq au vin’ ?
4. Which singer was born in August 1958 and died in June 2009 ?
5. Since 2001, how many cities are there in the Republic of Ireland ?
6. What is the main food ingredient of satay sauce ?
7. Torchwood is an anagram of which other TV programme ?
8. Which British bird of prey is also known as the ‘wind hover’ ?
9. Ex- Coronation St actor, Tony Boothe is the father-in-law of which ex-prime minister ?
10. In maths, what semi-circular plastic instrument measures angles ?
11. Died in 2002, which Cockney Jew was known as the ‘king of skiffle’ ?
12. What does ‘cafe ole’ mean ?, coffee with or without milk ?
13. The Panama canal connects which 2 bodies of water ?
14. Which word connects a town in the USA, a song written by Neil Sedaka & Colombian word for
15. Which country did Russia invade on Christmas Eve 1979 ?
16. Which current TV show shares its name with a song by Franz Ferdinand ?
17. In music, what do these years relate to ?, 1967, 1969, 1976, 1981, 1997 ?
18. What annual event is raced over 4miles, 374 yds ?
19. What were the surnames of the 2 men that made the 1st non-stop flight across the Atlantic ?
20. In 2008 which former Coronation Street actress won Celebrity Mastermind with her specialist
subject of Carry On Films ?