Archive for November, 2011
Thes questions were compiled several weeks ago so some may be a little out of date.
Trivia Quiz Week 40 2011 www.mikeprincedj.com
1. What type of tinned food did Popeye eat to make him stronger ?
2. What are the 2 Christian names of the current Spanish king ?
3. According to the nursery rhyme, how many fiddlers did Old King Cole have ?
4. In all 3 films, which actor uses his voice for Shrek ?
5. Which type of machine was banned from pubs last weekend ? (Oct 2011)
6. What is the name of Bart Simpson’s oldest sister ?
7. In which prehistoric city did the Flintstones live ?
8. In which American city is JFK Airport ?
9. Poison Ivy is one of the arch-enemies of which Superhero ?
10. Which 2 creatures are featured on the UK Royal Coat of Arms ?
11. What are lima beans more commonly called ?
12. How old was Prince Harry when his mum Princess Diana died ?
13. Which Russian tennis player was last year’s highest paid sportswoman ?
14. ‘Pollux’ is the medical name for which part of your body ?
15. Who did Alistair Darling succeed as Chancellor of the Exchequer ?
16. What is the more common name for the illness, hydrophobia ?
17. Last week (Oct 2011) saw new legislation in England which stops employers from compulsory
retiring workers once they reach what age ?
18. Which country has won the Eurovision Song Contest the most times ?
19. Which current English Premiership footballer has played for Leicester, Liverpool, Birmingham,
Wigan & Aston Villa ?
20. What vegetable is used when a dish is described as Florentine ?
Trivia Quiz week 39 (ANSWERS)
2. LEWIS CARROLL
3. PRINCE ALBERT
4. ALBERT HALL
7. THE SIMPSONS
8. ALL SAINTS
9. GREATER MANCHESTER
10. LIAM NEESON
13. ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER
14. LONDON, PARIS, NEW YORK, MILAN
18. OLD TRAFFORD
Trivia Quiz Week 39 2011 www.mikeprincedj.com
Please note, these questions were compiled several weeks ago so some topical questions may be a little out of date when published
1. In which country will the 2014 football World cup take place ?
2. Which Warrington born mathematician wrote Alice In Wonderland ?
3. What was the name of Queen Victoria’s husband ?
4. Which London venue hosts ‘the last night of the Proms’ ?
5. Which vegetable is used in the German pickle, sauerkraut ?
6. What colour do you get if you mix equal amounts of red & blue ?
7. Snowball is one of 2 pets owned by which TV family ?
8. Singer Melanie Blatt was a member of which girl group ?
9. In which English county is Manchester Airport ?
10. Which Irish actor plays Hannibal Smith in the new film, The A Team ?
11. In which decade were police breathalyzers first introduced in the UK ?
12. Which fictional character always drives a pink Rolls Royce registration number FAB 1 ?
13. Who was elected governor of California in 2003 ?
14. What are the names of the 4 main cities that hold international fashion weeks ?
15. Where exactly in your body is your radius bone ?
16. Which is the largest island in the Atlantic Ocean ?
17. The gherkin, is it a fruit or vegetable ?
18. Which is the only club football ground in England to have hosted the UEFA Champions League
19. Which modern day country did Yul Brynner rule over, as king in the film The King & I ?
20. In which country will the 2016 summer Olympics take place ?
My next Sunday Afternoon Soul Session will be on Sunday (obviously) 27th November at
Walkden Legion, Wilfred Road, Worsley M28 3AJ
This promises to be even better than last month playing all the Motown & Northern standards, oldies, modern, stompers and Philly sound.
2pm till 7pm
door – £2 entry.
Oh yes……great beer too !
Contact Mike Prince 07774 941293 or ring the club 0161 790 2434
I know I keep harping on about this but just to let you all know that the money we collect on the door is not for anyone’s pocket,
we all do this voluntary for the love of the music so all the profits goes back into future advertising, records & equipment so please come support us.
And if anyone wants to promote their own nights by putting flyers at the door please feel free but be considerate about the dates of mine and Kevin Lane’s gigs at this venue.
ANSWERS from trivia quiz week 37
2. DIZZEE RASCAL
5. 5 (UK currency denominations)
6. GREAT UNCLE
7. HE WAS BURIED
8. ROSS KEMP
13. JOHN DILLINGER
15. DAVID WALLIAMS
16. NOT PROVEN
Trivia Quiz Week 36 (answers)
1. SALLY LINDSAY
4. MICHAEL JACKSON
7. DOCTOR WHO
9. TONY BLAIR
11. LONNIE DONEGAN
12. WITH MILK
13. ATLANTIC & PACIFIC
16. TAKE ME OUT
17. UK EUROVISION WINNERS
18. UNIVERSITY BOAT RACE
19. ALCOCK & BROWN
20. SALLY LINDSAY