Trivia Quiz Week 17 2013 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. Which chocolate bar once used the slogan ‘helps you work, rest & play’ ? (MARS)
2. How many English counties have only four letters in their name ? (1) Kent.
[Avon doesn’t exist anymore]
3. How many holes are there in a ten pin bowling ball ? (3)
4. How many wings does a bee have ? (4)
5. How many arms does the common starfish usually have ? (5)
6. Pebbles is the daughter of which male cartoon character ? (FRED FLINTSTONE)
7. I am an odd number, take away one letter and I become even, what number am I ? (7)
[take away the ‘S’ to become ‘even’]
8. Which is the only American state that has only one syllable ? (MAINE)
9. In computing, what does the acronym ‘JPEG’ stand for ?
(JOINT PHOTOGRAPHIC EXPERTS GROUP)
10. What is the 1st event of a Decathlon ? (100 METRES)
11. What time is displayed in most advertisements for wrist watches ? (10:10pm) or 23:10.
12. Which South American country was named after the Italian city of Venice ? (VENEZUELA)
13. 2 girls were born to the same mother at the same time on the same day in the same month & in the same
year & yet somehow they’re not twins. why not ? (there was a 3rd girl which makes them triplets)
14. If Air force one is the plane that transports the US president, what is the name of the
helicopter used for the same job ? (MARINE ONE)
15. Sean Cory Carter is the real name of which American rapper ? (JAY Z)
16. Sylvester, Paul, Christopher, David, what name comes next in order ? (MATT) Smith.
[Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, all Dr Who’s ]
17. What 5-letter word looks the same backwards and upside down ? (SWIMS)
18. ‘Tonight’s the night when we forget about the deadlines’ is a line from which current top 40 hit ?
(22) Taylor Swift.
19. If you were putting numbers on new changing room lockers to be numbered from 1 to 100, how
many times would you use the number 9 ? (20) [see below how I worked it out]
20. In the classical piece ‘the Planets’ by Gustav Holst, if Mars is the bringer of war, what planet is
the bringer of peace ? (VENUS)
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher, true or false ? (TRUE)
2. Who once said “It’s just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, I beat people up” ?, was it Vinnie Jones,
Hulk Hogan or Muhammad Ali ? (MOHAMMAD ALI)
3. The original Winnie the Pooh was a real live bear found just outside Winnipeg, Canada, hence the
name Winnie, true or false ? (TRUE)
4. In 1940, which fast food restaurant was opened by the Brothers Richard & Maurice in California ?
was it Burger King, McDonalds or Wimpy ? (McDONALD’S)
5. David Bowie can write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time ? true or false ? (FALSE) although Leonardo Da Vinci could do it.
6. Herpetology is the study of what ?, is it amphibians or sexual diseases ? (AMPHIBIANS)
7. Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every 2 days, otherwise it will digest itself,
true or false ? (FALSE) mucus is produced every 2 weeks.
8. What name was given to the Samurai code of honour ?, was it Bushido or Banzai ? (BUSHIDO)
[Banzai means 10,000 years]
9. Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are at least 20 years of age, true or false ? (TRUE)
10. The mother of which leader seriously considered having an abortion but was talked out of it by
her doctor, was it Osama Bin Laden or Adolf Hitler ? (ADOLF HITLER)
Tie-Break:- Russian businessman Alisher Usmanov has topped the Sunday Times ranking of the
wealthiest people in Britain with a fortune of how much ? (in £s) ? (£13.3bn)
answer to No. 19….
99 (both 9s)