Trivia Quiz Week 43 2013 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. Which turkey tycoon’s catchphrase was… ‘it’s bootiful’ ? (BERNARD MATTHEWS)
2. How many pairs of limbs does an amphibian have ?, 2 or 4 ? (2)
3. A shy or bashful person is often referred to as a shrinking….what ? (VIOLET)
4. From 1901 to 1952, what was the name of the English national anthem ? (GOD SAVE THE KING)
5. In musical chairs, if there are 6 players, how many chairs will there be ? (5)
6. Which musical instrument which is believed to have been played as the Titanic sank, was recently
sold at auction ? (VIOLIN) £900,000.
7. What word links a hand-operated gear box and an instruction book ? (MANUAL)
8. How many European countries (that are independent sovereign states)begin with the letter ‘S’ ?
(7) (1. San Marino 2. Serbia 3. Slovakia 4. Slovenia 5. Spain 6. Sweden 7. Switzerland)
9. In Star Wars, what type of creature is Chewbacca ? (A WOOKIE)
10. What name connects Punch & Judy, something you can drink from, & Spiderman ? (TOBY)
[Punch & Judy’s dog, a type of jug & Toby McGuire]
11. Which musical legend gave an impromptu gig in Covent Garden during the lunchtime rush last
week ? (PAUL McCARTNEY)
12. What is the most easterly county in England ? (SUFFOLK) Lowestoft.
13. Name the 5 zones that was featured in the TV gameshow ‘the Crystal Maze’ ? [1 point for each]
(AZTEC, INDUSTRIAL, OCEAN, MEDIEVAL, FUTURISTIC)
14. Which Oldham born actor connects Dr Who, Right Said Fred, the Wombles & Coronation St ?
15. What do the Americans call what we call a stag night ? (BACHELOR PARTY)
16. Which rock music creation was backed by the Spiders from Mars ? (ZIGGY STARDUST)
17. Which European country comes first alphabetically ? (ALBANIA)
18. What is the most popular finishing double in professional darts ? (16)
19. Which comedian was arrested earlier this year (April 2010) for impersonating a Manchester
City player ? (SIMON BRODKIN) Jason Bent (not Lee Nelson)
20. ‘Inside her there’s longing this girl’s an open page’ is a line from which 1980 worldwide No1 ?
(DON’T STAND SO CLOSE TO ME) Police.
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. The FIFA Women’s World Cup occurs every 4 years, true or false ? (TRUE)
2. What type of creature is an African butterfly ?, is it a bird or a fish (FISH)
3. What type of food does Jamie Oliver say that “if it’s not smoked, it’s not worth buying” ? is it…….
haddock or bacon ? (BACON)
4. The most popular first name in the world is Muhammad, true or false ? (TRUE)
5. Which member of Wham’s former backing group Pepsi & Shirlie, is married to singer & actor
Martin Kemp ?,…………..(clue – is it Pepsi or Shirlie ?) (SHIRLIE)
6. Most lipstick contains fish scales, true or false ? (TRUE)
[Lipsticks contain an ingredient known as pearlescence, is a silvery substance found in fish scales]
7. Who once admitted he was afraid of the dark ?, was it Vin Diesel or Thomas Edison ?
8. It’s illegal to drink beer out of a bucket while you’re sitting on a curb in St. Louis, USA,
true or false ? (TRUE)
9. According to the 2013 Forbes list, who is the highest paid actor ?, is it Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise
or Robert Downey Jnr ? (ROBERT DOWNEY JNR) $75 m.
10. The world’s shortest motorway is the Mancunian Way, true or false ? (TRUE)
There are a number of motorways which are 1 mile (1.6 km) or less in length. There have been conflicting claims on this subject, but it now appears that the A635(M), which is joined to the A57(M), Mancunian Way, is the shortest at about 300 metres long.
Tie-Break:- By time, how long is the longest recorded flight of a chicken ? (13 SECONDS)