Trivia Quiz Week 37 2013 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. What are you if somebody calls you ‘cack-handed’ ? (LEFT HANDED)
2. What is the name of the Lone Ranger’s red Indian sidekick ? (TONTO)
3. What colour of the rainbow is the natural food colouring cochineal ? (RED)
4. In Oklahoma USA, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg, why not ?
(YOU CAN ONLY TAKE A PICTURE WITH A CAMERA)
5. What’s the connection between a dragon from Dragon’s Den, a Radio 2 Presenter & a golfer ?
(ALL STRICTLY COME DANCING CONTESTANTS) Debra Meaden, Vanessa Feltz, Tony Jacklin.
6. In which city was the original Cavern club ? (LIVERPOOL)
7. Since the death of Henry VIII, how many queens of England has there been ? (7)
[Jane Grey, Mary I, Elizabeth I, Mary II, Anne, Victoria, Elizabeth II]
8. Which wicked witch was flattened by Dorothy’s house in the Wizard of Oz ?
(WICKED WITCH OF THE EAST)
9. Who was the British prime minister when Take That had their 1st UK No 1 ? (JOHN MAJOR)
[‘Pray’ – 1991…….John Major – 1990 – 1997]
10. The northern coast of Spain borders which ocean ? (ATLANTIC)
11. Who played the part of Maverick in the 1986 film Top Gun ? (TOM CRUISE)
12. Which boxer starred in Rocky V and beat George Foreman to become WBO world champion ?
[beat him in 1993] (TOMMY MORRISON)
13. In the Austin Powers film ‘The Spy Who Shagged Me’ What was the name of the villain ?
14. Since 1996, how many English counties begin with ‘North’ ? (3)
[Northampton, North Yorkshire, Northumberland]
15. Stage magician & illusionist Eric Weisz was better known by what other name ?
16. In cockney rhyming slang, what type of animal is a bowler ? (CAT) bowler hat.
17. Milk, Oyster, Magic & Death Cap are 3 varieties of what ? (MUSHROOMS)
18. Ethel Flossybottom was born on December 27th, yet her birthday is always in the summer. how is
this possible ? (SHE WAS BORN IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE)
19. What 11-letter word describes the national ban on the sale, production, and transportation of
alcohol, in the early 20th century in the USA ? (PROHIBITION) 1919 to 1933.
20. “Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!” is a line from which 2008 UK number 1 ?
(VIVA LA VIDA) Coldplay.
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. What was introduced first ?, the nectar card or Tesco clubcard ? (TESCO CLUBCARD) 1993.
[nectar card 2002]
2. A man was recently fined $2,000 (£1,000) for trying to smuggle live fish into New Zealand hidden
in his trousers, true or false ? (TRUE)
3. In what activity might you perform a ‘bob major’ ?, bell ringing, Morris dancing or playing chess ?
(BELL RINGING) changes the arrangement of order.
4. The Royal Mint has created the first £10 coin, true or false ? (FALSE) it’s a £20 coin
5. Which Bond villain lived on an island and had his own nuclear reactor ?, Goldfinger or Dr No ?
6. Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre is the only thatched-roof building in London, true or false ? (TRUE)
[also known as Bankside theatre]
7. In which country is the famous Spanish Riding School ?, Austria or Spain ? (AUSTRIA) Vienna.
8. What would you do with a Lipizzan (or Lipizzaner) ?, would you ride it, drink it or wear it ?
(RIDE IT) it’s a breed of white horses from the Spanish riding school.
9. The transport minister has passed a proposal to build a 422 mile cycle pathway all around London,
true or false ? (FALSE)
10. Who is the only artist to have had at least one UK top five album in each of the last seven
decades ?, Cliff Richard or Elvis Presley ? (CLIFF RICHARD)
[he’s just released his 100th album]
Tie-Break:- How many people did Rambo kill in all four Rambo films ? (220)
Richard Cromwell 1658-1659
HOUSE OF HANOVER
William IV 1830-1837
Edward VII 1901-1910
George V 1910-1936
Edward VIII 1936-1936
George VI 1936-1952
1952 – present