1. Which St Helens-based comedian advertises PG Tips with monkey ? (JOHNNY VEGAS)
2. In Star Trek, what weapon is often “set to stun” ? (FAZERS)
3. Which drummer was born Richard Starkey ? (RINGO STARR)
4. What is the highest score that can be achieved on a dartboard by throwing only 2 darts ? (120)
5. Under the 2011 act, general elections should be held in what month ? (MAY)
6. In which year did the Great Fire of London start ? (1666) Pudding Lane.
7. In the Angry Birds computer game, how many birds are there in the original flock ? (8) (see list
8. Which comic features 2 characters called the fat slags ? (THE VIZ)
9. Harry Judd is a member of which pop group ? (McBUSTED or McFLY)
10. When the mayor of Hamelin decided not pay him for his services, what did the Pied Piper take
away ? (THE TOWN’S CHILDREN) ‘never to be seen again’ [Robert Browning]
11. Professional wrestler, James Brian Hellwig died recently (April), by what name was he known by
millions of wrestling fans ? (ULTIMATE WARRIOR)
12. On which TV channel was Neighbours first broadcast in the UK ? (BBC1) 1986.
13. Which designer owned the fashion shop that created the ‘punk look’ in the UK in the 1970s ?
(VIVIENNE WESTWOOD) along with Malcolm McLaren.
14. Which famous battle was fought on Sunday 18th June 1815 in present-day Belgium ? (BATTLE OF WATERLOO)
15. Which famous knight married 54 yr old Nancy Shevell ? (in 2011) (SIR PAUL McCARTNEY)
16. The Curtis Cup is the best known team trophy for amateur women of which sport ? (GOLF)
17. What is the more common name for your hallux ? (BIG TOE)
18. In which decade did the old sixpence (tanner) cease to be legal tender ? (1980s) 1980.
19. The gastric fluid found in human stomachs consists mainly of which acid ? (HYDROCLORIC ACID)
20. Which children’s character lives with his parents in a house in Nutwood ? (RUPERT THE BEAR)
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. Which football club was formed as Christ Church Football Club in 1874, and adopted its current
name in 1877 ?, Fulham, Bolton Wanderers or the Arsenal ? (BOLTON)
2. The singer from the ‘Go Compere’ ads is the original singer of the Christmas song, ‘The Snowman’,
true or false ? (FALSE) he is called Wynn Evans, the singer of the Snowman was Peter Auty.
3. In the film ‘Shawshank Redemption’, what crime was Andy Dufresne jailed for ?, was it fraud,
armed robbery or murder ? (MURDER) of his wife & lover.
4. Algiers is the capital and largest city of Algeria, true or false ? (TRUE)
5. The Parrots from Japan are a tribute act of which group ?, the Beatles, the Eagles ?
6. The adult human body consists of how many bones, 106, 206 or 306 ? (206)
7. The dik dik is a type of what ?, an antelope or an amphibian ? (ANTELOPE)
8. Ottawa is the capital city of Canada, true or false ? (TRUE)
9. Which film was based on the true story of professional boxer Chuck Wepner ?, was it Raging Bull,
the Champ or Rocky ? (ROCKY)
10. Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic is the only Premier League player whose last name is
completely made up of Roman numerals, true or false ? (TRUE)
V (5), I (1), D (500), I (1), C (100).
Tie-Break:- According to a recent survey of ‘stag nights’, how much on average does a British man
spend on alcohol ? (£168)
• Red Bird – Does nothing but does make various battle cries when tapped and does great at popping pigs.
• Blue Bird – Splits into three smaller birds. Works best against glass.
• Yellow Bird – Picks up speed and distance when tapped. Best against wood.
• Black Bird – Explodes when tapped or shortly upon impact. Best against stone.
• White Bird – Drops an egg bomb that explodes on impact when tapped and does great on wood.
• Boomerang Bird – Comes back like a boomerang when tapped and does great on wood and glass.
• Big Brother Bird – No special abilities when tapped, but destroys materials with ease.
Orange Bird – Inflates to huge size like a balloon when tapped or upon impact, then deflates a little later. Best against wood.