1. What was the first name of the ‘dirty’ character, Callaghan, played by Clint Eastwood in 1971 ?
2. Which doctor killed over 200 patients until his arrest in 1998 ? (HAROLD SHIPMAN)
3. Liam, Louis, Niall, Zane, what name is missing ? (HARRY)
4. According to folklore, which king was killed by an arrow in his eye at the Battle of Hastings ?
5. Who is the lead singer of Blondie ? (DEBORAH HARRY)
6. How many current Premiership football clubs are there in Greater London ? (6)
[Arsenal, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Tottenham Hotspur, West Ham United]
7. Which of the Tweenies is yellow skinned with red hair & likes to ballet dance ? (FIZZ)
[Bella is blue skinned with yellow hair]
8. In the opera Carmen, what type of factory in Spain did the principle character work in ?
9. Rod, Jane & Freddy were singers in which iconic children’s TV show that lasted for 30 years
(1792-1992) ? (RAINBOW)
10. What occasional sight in the sky is called ‘duga’ by the people of Croatia and is translated to……….
‘long feminine thing’ ? (RAINBOW)
11. What 5-letter word is used for the total prize money in professional boxing ? (PURSE)
12. The silver fern leaf is an emblem of which Commonwealth country ? (NEW ZEALAND)
13. In 1961, who was the first member of the Royal family to be interviewed on TV ? (PHILLIP)
14. The hard stone onyx, is a type of what mineral ? (QUARTZ)
15. In which daily newspaper can you read about the antics of ‘Horace’ ? (DAILY MIRROR)
16. Maggie Jones played which Coronation Street character until her death in 2009 ? (BLANCHE)
17. The name of what cooking process comes from the French for ‘whiten’ ? (BLANCHE)
18. How many birds are featured on the crests of the 20 Premiership football clubs ? (7)
[Cardiff, Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Norwich, Swansea, Tottenham Hotspur, West Brom]
19. Which northern nightclub is generally accepted to be the birthplace & the early development of
the underground music known as Northern Soul ? (THE TWISTED WHEEL) Manchester.
20. Children’s entertainer & sign language teacher, Justin Fletcher is better known as which
character ? (MR TUMBLE) M.B.E.
[his dad is singer/songwriter Guy Fletcher, best known for writing songs for Elvis Presley, Cliff Richard,
Ray Charles, Frankie Valli & many others, also the chairman of PRS (the Performing Right Society)]
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. Josie Cunningham, the woman that got a ‘boob job’ on the NHS last year is now pregnant & plans to
have an abortion so she can star on Big Brother, true or false ? (TRUE)
2. Noel Gallagher once called which member of Take That a ‘fat dancer’ ?, was it Robbie or Gary ?
3. During WW2, what was ‘Unsinkable Sam’ ? was it one of the funnels on a US ship in Pearl Harbour
or the ships cat on the German warship, Bismarck ? (THE CAT ON BISMARCK)
4. With over 600 yrs of total peace & harmony, which European country is England’s oldest friend &
ally ?, Sweden, Denmark or Portugal ? (PORTUGAL) since the treaty of Windsor in 1386.
5. The coconut is the world’s largest tree-borne fruit, true or false ? (FALSE)
[it’s the ‘jackfruit’ from South East Asia, it can measure 20” and weight up to 20lbs]
6. Long ago and far away, the King of Denmark, King Forkbeard was the son of King Bluetooth, true
or false ? (TRUE) over 1,000 yrs ago.
7. Who was the first woman to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ?, was it Madonna,
Dusty Springfield or Aretha Franklin ? (ARETHA FRANKLIN) 1986.
8. Which film was the highest grossing in 2013, raking in over $1.2 billion worldwide; was it…………
(A): Fast & Furious 6, (B): Iron Man 3, or (C): Gravity ? (IRON MAN 3)
9. When Whitney Houston died in 2012, where was she found ?, in the bath, in bed or in a car ?
(IN THE BATH)
10. What are alternatively known as ‘the Honours of Scotland’ ?, is it the name given to haggis on
Burns night, all the whisky distilleries or the Crown Jewels ? (THE CROWN JEWELS)
[the Scottish Crown Jewels, dating from the 15th & 16th centuries, are the oldest set of crown jewels in the British Isles]
Tie-Break:- Charlotte, the wife of King George III had a record number of children for a
British Queen, how many ? (15)