Trivia Quiz Week 23 2014 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. Which actress played the main character in ‘Legally Blonde’ ? (REESE WITHERSPOON)
2. According to the Rod Stewart album title, every ‘what’ tells a story ? (PICTURE)
3. What colour goes before velvet and after electric ? (BLUE)
4. Who was runner-up when the boyband Collabro recently won the final of Britain’s Got Talent ?
(LUCY KAY) Opera singer.
5. Which children’s TV show starts with the opening line ‘are you ready to play’ ? (TWEENIES)
6. Alpha Romeo is owned by which Italian car company ? (FIAT)
7. The name of what soft drink is ‘T’ in the phonetic alphabet ? (TANGO)
8. Which daily tabloid features the cartoon strip Fred Bassett ? (DAILY MAIL)
9. In the 1990s, Noel’s House party was set in Crickley Bottom, it was then built as a theme park in
which Lancashire resort ? (MORECAMBE)
10. Which former Manchester United captain sarcastically called some fans ‘the prawn sandwich
brigade’ ? (ROY KEEN)
11. In motoring, generally what shape are the road signs that give orders ? (CIRCLES) round.
12. Which actor connects Last Of The Summer Wine and Wallace & Gromit ? (PETER SALIS)
13. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, what four-letter word describes a lower-class
person typified by brash, loutish behaviour & the wearing of real or imitation designer clothes ? (CHAV)
14. In the 70s TV series, what type of animal was ‘the littlest hobo’ ? (DOG)
15. What do the Americans call what we call a tramp ? (HOBO)
16. What is the maximum capacity size engine of a motorbike that a rider can use with L plates ?
17. ‘Buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes’ is the last line from which 1986 novelty No1 ?
(THE CHICKEN SONG) Spitting Image.
18. What ice hockey trophy was 1st called the Dominion Hockey Challenge Cup ? (STANLEY CUP)
19. An embolism is the name given to an obstruction by a blood clot in what ? (ARTERY)
20. Which 2001 film describes the story of a young woman dumped by her boyfriend then decides to
follow him to law school to get him back, once there, learns she has more legal savvy than she
ever imagined ? (LEGALLY BLONDE)
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. You must be least 50 years old to go on a Saga Holiday, true or false ? (TRUE)
2. In the career of actor Jon Pertwee, what character did he play first ?, Dr Who or Worzel
Gummidge ? (DR WHO) 1970-74. Worzel Gummidge 1979-81.
3. By law, a red rear reflector and a pair of pedal reflectors must be fitted to a bicycle ?, true or
false ? (TRUE) (if manufactured after 1985).
4. Which Stevie Wonder song has been chosen as the soundtrack to the BBC’s World Cup coverage?,
is it…..Another Star, Masterblaster or Uptight ? (ANOTHER STAR)
5. Victoria was the English Queen when the Commonwealth Games, formerly known as the
British Empire Games was first staged, true or false ? (FALSE) it was George V (1930).
6. Who holds the Guinness world record for tap dancing 35 taps in 1 second ?, is it Gene Kelly,
Roy Castle or Michael Flatley ? (MICHAEL FLATLEY)
7. Actor & quiz presenter Bradley Walsh appeared in the 1996 Danny Boyle film Trainspotting as a
gameshow host, true or false ? (FALSE) it was Dale Winton.
8. When attached to the backboard, the upper edge of a basketball hoop must measure exactly
how many feet above the floor ?, is it 8, 9 or 10 feet ? (10 FEET)
9. It is illegal to carry any type of amphibian on public transport in Cyprus, true or false ? (FALSE)
10. The city of Columbus is the capital and the largest city of the American State of Ohio, true or
false ? (TRUE)
Tie-Break:- How many teams participated in the very first British Empire Games
(Commonwealth Games) in 1930 ? (11)
3. British Guiana
8. New Zealand
10. South Africa