Trivia Quiz Week 27 2014 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. What is one thing that all wise men, regardless of their religion or politics, agreed is between
heaven and earth ? (THE WORD ‘AND’)
2. What fruit connects a clothing company, a dance studio & Louis Spence ? (PINEAPPLE)
3. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth ? (MT. EVEREST)
[it just hadn’t been discovered]
4. What is the name of the official national anthem of the USA ? (STAR SPANGLED BANNER)
5. What is the official language of the African country of Rwanda ?, is it English, French or
Rwandan ? (FRENCH)
6. From which Yorkshire city did the recent Tour De France start ? (LEEDS)
7. According to the Elvis song, who is the subject of his latest flame ? (MARIE)
8. Which is the only song ever recorded to mention a vegemite sandwich ? (DOWN UNDER)
[by Men At Work]
9. Debbie Rowe is the mother of which singer’s children ? (MICHAEL JACKSON)
10. Which actor connects Blades Of Glory & Zoolander ? (WILL FERRELL)
11. On a Monopoly board, which street shares the same colour as Leicester Square & Piccadilly ?
12. What is the occupation of Jude Law as the title character in the film ‘Alfie’ ? (CHAUFFER)
13. In 2002, who sang with Elton John on his 1976 hit ‘Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word’ ?
14. Which Italian pasta when translated means ‘cooking pot’ ?, is it Lasagne, Linguine or Ravioli ?
15. Using the surnames, which Dr Who actor comes second alphabetically ? (TOM BAKER)
[see list below]
16. What is the common name for the cereal grain seed of the monocot plant ? (RICE)
17. Which leader sailed on a yacht with Che Guevara to Cuba to start the communist revolution ?
18. In the Donald Duck stories, what was the name of Donald’s grandfather ?, was it Engelbert or
William ? (ENGELBERT)
19. What is the official trading organization of the UK armed forces ? (NAAFI)
[Navy, Army & Air Force Institutes]
20. Bonnie, Rosie, Lucy, Sally, Darcy & Cotton are the offspring of who ? is it actress Julie Andrews,
actress Julie Walters or Dolly the sheep ? (DOLLY THE SHEEP)
Family Fortunes type questions
(5 points for top answer, 4 points for 2nd, 3 points for 3rd, 2 points for 4th, 1 point for 5th)
teams are only allowed 1 answer for each question
1. Name someone, besides your family that you see regularly ? top answer for (5 points)- BOSS,
(4)- co-workers, (3)-friends, (2)-, boy/girlfriend ,(1)- postman.
2. Name something dentists put in your mouth ?, top answer for (5 points)-DRILL, (4)-FILLINGS,
(3)-FINGERS, (2)-MIRROR, (1)-NEEDLE.
3. Name something besides fish in a fish tank ? top answer for (5 points)-WATER,
(4)-GRAVEL/ROCKS, (3)-PLANTS, (2)-FILTER/PUMP, (1)-SHELLS.
4. Name something that cools you off in hot weather ? top answer for (5 points)-AIR CON,
(4)-COLD DRINK, (3)-COLD SHOWER/BATH, (2)-SWIMMING, (1)-FAN.
5. Name something worn in the summer ? top answer for (5 points)-SWIMSUIT/BIKINI,
(4)-SHORTS, (3)-T-SHIRT, (2)-HAT, (1)-SUNGLASSES.
6. Name an electrical appliance used in the bathroom ? top answer for (5 points)-HAIR DRYER,
(4)-RAZOR, (3)-CURLING TONGS, (2)-RADIO, (1)-TOOTHBRUSH.
7. Name Something Made Of Rubber ? top answer for (5 points)-TYRE, (4)-RUBBER BAND,
(3)-BALL, (2)-BOOTS/WELLINGTONS, (1)-RUBBER STAMP.
8. Name Something That’s Soft ? top answer for (5 points)-COTTON WOOL, (4)-PILLOW,
(3)-FEATHERS, (2)-BABY, (1)-TISSUE.
9. Name a Walt Disney character ? top answer for (5 points)-MICKEY MOUSE, (4)-DONALD
DUCK, (3)-SNOW WHITE, (2)-DUMBO, (1)-BUGS BUNNY.(although he wasn’t a Disney character)
10. Name something people get more of as they grow older ? top answer for (5 points)-GREY HAIR,
(4)-WRINKLES, (3)-FAT, (2)-ACHES/PAINS, (1)-SLEEP.
Tie-Break:- In what year was the first motor race held that was classed as Formula 1 ? (1950)
• Series leads:
o Colin Baker (1984–86)
o Tom Baker (1974–81)
• Peter Capaldi (2013–)
• Peter Davison (1981–84)
• Christopher Eccleston (2005)
o William Hartnell (1963–66)
o Sylvester McCoy (1987–89)
o Paul McGann (1996, 2013)
o Jon Pertwee (1970–74)
o Matt Smith (2010–13)
o David Tennant (2005–10)
o Patrick Troughton (1966–69)