Trivia Quiz Week 32 2014
Trivia Quiz Week 32 2014 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. Paul Hollywood & Mary Berry are judges on which TV show ? (GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF)
2. What is the name of the new craze involving small rubber bands linked together to make bracelets
& other jewellery ? (LOOM BANDS)
3. Pink, Atlantic & sockeye are 3 types of what fish ? (SALMON)
4. What was Larry Daley’s job in the film ‘Night At The Museum’ ? (SECURITY GUARD)
5. The nickname of which journalist is also the brand name for a type of stuffing ?
(JEREMY PAXMAN) Paxo.
6. Which war was officially declared a month after the shooting of Austria-Hungary heir Archduke
Franz Ferdinand on 28th June 1914 ? (WW1) the great war.
7. What is the world’s 3rd largest ocean ? (INDIAN OCEAN)
8. In what European country was King Juan Carlos of Spain born ? (ITALY) 1938 in Rome.
[he was exiled to Spain when Franco took over in 1969]
9. ‘Is It Any Wonder’ & ‘Spiralling’ are 2 album titles by which band ? (KEANE)
10. In the USA, what do the initials ‘CIA’ stand for ? (CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY)
11. Which 1995 animated film features the voices of Tom Hanks, Tim Allen & a then 11 yr old actor
called John Morris ? (TOY STORY)
12. What bird appeared on the reverse of a penny farthing ? (WREN)
13. Music. which of the Gibb brothers died first ? (ANDY) 1988.
14. What is the name of the actor who plays the new Dr Who ? (PETER CAPALDI)
15. What is the more common name the the creature called the ‘harvestman’ ? (DADDY LONGLEGS)
16. Italy’s Giorgia Bronzini won the Grand Prix in London last week (9th Aug 14), at which sport ?
17. What type of reptile is seen on the national flag of Mexico ? (SNAKE) and an eagle.
18. Which branch of the armed forces was founded on 1st July 1941 ? (SAS) Special Air Service.
19. What is Britain’s smallest bird ? (GOLDCREST) also firecrest.
20. The colour of which edible herb does the Daily Mirror describe for Tottenham Hotspur’s new
3rd kit ? (BANANA) yellow.
[The banana is a herbaceous plant so technically it is a herb not a fruit]
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. A former Apple employee raised over £80,000 (£47,000) for a children’s charity by auctioning
off his business badge, his name is Sam Sung, true or false ? (TRUE)
2. What is the name of the recent ex-hurricane to hit the coast of Britain ?, is it Bertha or Brenda ?
3. Tortoises can run up to as fast as 5 mph, true or false ? (FALSE)
[they can only run up to 1 mph]
4. Which is further west ?, Bristol or Edinburgh ? (EDINBURGH)
[despite it being on the east coast of Scotland, it is more westerly than Bristol, in the south-west of England]
5. The River Severn is the longest river in England, true or false ? (FALSE)
[it’s only the longest river when it flows into Wales, the longest in England is the Thames]
6. How many English counties have a border with Wales ? (4)
[Cheshire, Shropshire, Herefordshire, Gloucestershire]
7. The Second Severn Crossing Bridge is the UK’s longest bridge, true or false ? (TRUE) 5,134 m
[The Humber is the longest suspension Bridge 2,220 m]
8. The last 2 men hanged in Britain for murder were in what year ?, was it 1954, 1964 or 1974 ?
(13th AUG 1964) [one in Manchester, the other in Liverpool]
9. At the recent Commonwealth Games, after winning his gold medal, Usain Bolt danced to which
famous singing duo ?, Jedward or the Proclaimers ? (PROCLAIMERS)
10. Which player achieved the first televised 147 break in snooker ?, was it Steve Davis or
Cliff Thorburn ? (STEVE DAVIS) Lada Classic-1982.
[Thorburn’s 147 came at World Championships in 1983 at the Crucible]
Tie-Break:- The Indian record for staff absenteeism is thought to have been set by a biology
teacher who did not turn up for work for how long ? (23 YEARS)