Trivia Quiz Week 35 2014 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. In school, what are known as the ‘three R’s’ ? (READING, WRITING, ARITHMATIC)
[reading, riting, rithmatic]
2. How many dancers accompanied Beyonce on her video ‘Single Ladies’ ? (2)
3. Which ‘talent’ show did Girls Aloud win ? (full name) (POP STARS, THE RIVALS)
4. The Argentinean lady, Eva Peron was the inspiration for the story behind which Andrew Lloyd
Webber musical ? (EVITA)
5. Which Greek word when translated means ‘I have found it’ ? (EUREKA)
6. Which dessert, when translated means ‘burnt cream’ ? (CREME BRULEE)
7. In Star Trek, what planet did Spock come from ? (VULCAN)
8. In football, what is the height of the goal in feet ? (8ft)
9. Who succeeded John Major as Prime minister ? (TONY BLAIR) 1997.
10. What is the Royal Navy’s equivalent of the British Army’s SAS ? (S.B.S.)
[Special Boat Services]
11. What type of bird was used to detect harmful gases in British coal mines ? (CANARY)
12. Which company makes the once, very fashionable cologne ‘Brut’ ? (FABERGE)
13. How many teams won their opening games on the 1st day of the 2014 Premiership ? (5) see below.
14. Starbucks opened its first coffee shop in the USA (Seattle) in 1971 but in what decade did the
first one open in the UK ? (1990s) 1998 in London.
1. 15. What two-worded noun describes a right-angled triangular plate for drawing lines ?
16. From which 90s No1 song would you hear the word pussycat and the places, Japan, New York &
Milan ? (I’M TOO SEXY) Right Said Fred.
17. Which of these talent competitions appeared on British TV first ?, New Faces, Thank Your Lucky
Stars or Opportunity Knocks ? (THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS)
18. What material is made by buffing the flesh side of a tanned animal hide ? (SUEDE)
19. What 5-letter word can be a style of beard and the name of a classical composer ? (VERDI)
20. How many previous managers of the England football team are still alive ? (7)
(not including the current one and not counting caretaker managers)
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. Which spice is the lightest in colour ?, saffron or turmeric ? (TURMERIC)
[turmeric is yellow, saffron is red]
2. In the Bible, Jesus was born a Christian, true or false ? (FALSE) he was a Jew.
3. After their break-up, which of the Beatles was the first to have a UK solo No1 single ? (GEORGE)
[My Sweet Lord] Jan 1971.
4. There are 2 villages in Devon, one is called ‘Little Willie’ & one is called ‘Big Willie’, true or false ?
5. What type of British species of creatures include noctule & barbastelle ?, is it bat, newt or owl ?
6. ‘Escape’ & ‘One In Seven’ were fragrances sponsored by actor Steve McQueen, true or false?
7. In the Bible, what is the 8th commandment ?, thou shalt not kill or thou shall not steal ? (STEAL)
[‘kill’ is the 6th commandment]
8. Which Frank from the 50s released a song in the 80s entitled ‘Stockport’ ?, was it Frank Ifield,
Frankie Laine or Frankie Vaughan ? (FRANKIE VAUGHAN)
9. Coronation St is the longest-running show on British TV, true or false ? (FALSE)
[The Sky At Night-1957. Coronation St-1960]
10. The JLS single, ‘Eyes Wide Shut’ features which other performer ?, is it Florida, Jay Z or
Tinie Tempah ? (TINIE TEMPAH)
Tie-Break:- How many cricket bats can be made from a 15-year old willow tree ? (15)
Man Utd 1 – 2 Swansea FT
Leicester 2 – 2 Everton FT
QPR 0 – 1 Hull FT
Stoke 0 – 1 Aston Villa FT
West Brom 2 – 2 Sunderland FT
West Ham 0 – 1 Tottenham FT
Arsenal 2 – 1 Crystal Palace FT