Trivia Quiz Week 42 2014 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. Name a fish that starts with a ‘K’ and ends with a ‘K’ ? (KILMARNOCK) wait for someone to say….
‘that’s not a fish’, then reply ‘IT’S A PLAICE IN SCOTLAND’
2. What pair of Shakespearian lovers both feature in the phonetic alphabet ? (ROMEO & JULIET)
3. The lead singer of which band recently apologised after their latest album was automatically
added to the libraries of all iTunes users around the world ? (U2)
4. In the Tesco clothing lines, what do the initials F & F stand for ? (FLORENCE & FRED)
5. In petrol engines, what device ignites the mixture of fuel & air ? (SPARK PLUG)
6. In which 2010 film does a suburban family move to a new neighbourhood with their large Great
Dane, who has a tendency to wreak havoc ? (MARMADUKE)
7. Which singer connects the Great Train Robbery, the stage musical Oliver & the song ‘Do They
Know It’s Christmas’ ? (PHIL COLLINS)
8. What is the other common name for the Niagara Falls ? (HORSESHOE FALLS)
9. Which British boxer & former world champion had the nickname ‘the Dark Destroyer’ ?
10. What 8-letter word is used for the food from wild African animals ? (BUSHMEAT)
11. Who was the last person to host Blankety Blank ? (VERNON KAY)
[in a marathon which featured other old gameshows in 2007]
12. In championship tennis, new balls are issued after how many games ? (7)
13. What word for an amusement park ride comes from the Latin for river ? (FLU) or flumen.
14. McGuinness, Parker & Sykes are member surnames of which boyband ? (WANTED)
[the other 2 are George & Kaneswaran]
15. What is considered to be the world’s most dangerous element ? (PLUTONIUM)
16. Which is the only 3-lane highway to pass through the county of Cumbria ? (M6)
17. In the USA, which sport do the Chicago Bulls play ? (BASKETBALL)
18. Which car manufacturer makes the new model called the ‘Ecosport’ ? (FORD)
19. The title of which Pink Floyd album is also a chapter title in the book ‘Wind in the Willows’ ?
(PIPER AT THE GATES OF DAWN) writer, Kenneth Graham.
20. The name of what French wine means ‘the Pope’s new castle’ ? (CHATEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE)
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. Cats only meow in the presence of humans, true or false ? (TRUE)
2. Reverend W. Wilkes is the cooking variety of what fruit ?, plums or apples ? (APPLES)
3. Which TV game show was originally an American show called ‘Match Game’ ?, was it Bullseye,
Blankety Blank or Big Break ? (BLANKETY BLANK)
4. Which band when they first formed went by the name of Traffic Jam ?, was it Status Quo, Jam
or Atomic Kitten ? (STATUS QUO) 1962.
5. Who holds the title, ‘Lord of Man’ as the Manx Head of State ?, is it The Queen, Prince Charles or
the Prime Minister ? (THE QUEEN)
6. At this year’s Wimbledon (2014), Andy Murray’s second match was against a man called Rolex,
true or false ? (FALSE) his name was Rola.
7. How much of Lady Gaga’s total earnings does she give to her father ?, is it 100%, 50% or nothing ?
8. Sparkling wine, commonly known as Champagne was originally made England, true or false ? (TRUE)
[some 40 years before the French]
9. What town did Thin Lizzy sing about in their 1980 hit ?, was it Chinatown, Ghost Town or
Londontown ? (CHINATOWN)
10. The Latin phrase ‘Dictum Meum Pactum’ meaning ‘my word is my bond’ is the motto at the
entrance of the White House, true or false ? (FALSE)
[it’s the motto of the London Stock Exchange]
Tie-Break:- How many episodes of Coronation Street did actress Jean Alexander play Hilda Ogden ?