Trivia Quiz Week 10 2015
Trivia Quiz Week 10 2015 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. Anna, Elsa, Olaf, & Marshmallow are characters in which Disney film ? (FROZEN)
2. What occurs once in a minute, twice in a week but only once in a year ? (THE LETTER ‘E’)
3. What four-letter word goes before pie and after star ? (FISH)
4. In a relay race, what nautical term is used for the final runner ? (ANCHOR)
5. What do those crazy Americans call what we call a frying pan ? (SKILLET)
6. In currency, if you have a million pennies, how many pounds have you got ? (10,000)
7. In which ocean does the island of Gran Canaria lie ? (ATLANTIC)
8. What can be a gaming piece, a Bond girl or the title of a Jessie J song ? (DOMINO)
[Domino was in Thunderball, 1965]
9. What do many frogs have in their mouths that toads don’t ? (TEETH)
10. What was David Beckham’s squad number at Manchester United before the retirement of Eric
Cantona ? (10)
11. Which woman and ex-singer won the 3rd series of I’m a Celebrity ? (KERRY KATONA) McFadden.
12. In the TV show ‘Friends’, what was Rachel’s surname ? (GREEN) [played by Jennifer Aniston]
13. What is the male equivalent of a witch ? (WARLOCK)
14. What TV series connects Dame Diana Rigg, Mark Addy, Sean Bean & Charles Dance ?
(GAME OF THRONES)
15. What 1963 Disney film is the adaption of the story of King Arthur ? (SWORD IN THE STONE)
16. In maths, what is the factorial of 3 ? (6) 3 x 2 x 1 = 6.
17. What is the name of the liqueur made from whisky & heather honey ? (DRAMBUIE)
18. What British wild creature has species called red-tailed, white-tailed, leaf cutter and tawny ?
19. Which Blackpool born singer left the Hollies in the 60s to join David Crosby & Stephen Stills in
the USA ? (GRAHAM NASH)
20. Which is the largest gland in the human body ? (LIVER)
[the liver is a gland and plays a major role in metabolism with numerous functions in the human body]
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. There are more wild camels living in the Australian desert than anywhere else in the world, true
or false ? (TRUE) more than 200,000.
2. How many UK hits by Abba have only 3 different letters in the song title ?, 1, 2 or 3 ? (2)
[I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do and Mamma Mia]
3. In Greek mythology. what type of snake is named after a huge serpent killed by Apollo ?, is it……
Anaconda, cobra or python ? (PYTHON)
4. The Sinclair C5 electric tricycle was built in Wales and launched in 1985, true or false ? (TRUE)
5. What type of fish is usually used for the traditional Norwegian dish ‘lutefisk’ ?, is it cod, herring
or shark ? (COD)
6. When a polar bear mates with a grizzly bear, their babies are called ‘pizzly bears’, true of false ?
(TRUE) depending on which species is the father, it can also be called a ‘grolar bear’.
7. What is a Chilean rose ?, is it a type of hot chilli pepper, a breed of cat or a spider ?
(SPIDER) it’s a species of tarantula.
8. Which American city has the nickname ‘Music City USA’ ?, is it Detroit, Nashville or New
Orleans ? (NASHVILLE)
9. If your name was Barker in the middle ages, what was your occupation ?, would it be a leather
tanner, a dog breeder or a woodman ? (LEATHER TANNER)
10. Based on actual performance on the weekly Billboard Hot 100 chart, who is America’s most
successful female vocal group of all time ?, is it Destiny’s Child, Supremes or TLC ? (SUPREMES)
Tie-Break:- The registration plate “25 O” is the most expensive ever bought at a Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) auction, how much was it recently sold for ? (£518,000)