Trivia Quiz Week 8 2015 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. Which of the Mr Men is red, and square with a green hat ? (MR STRONG)
2. What is the name of the Australian equivalent of the US TV show ‘America’s Funniest Videos’ ?
(AUSTRALIA’S FUNNIEST VIDEOS)
3. In Coronation Street, how many sons did Mike Baldwin have ? (3)
[Danny, Mark, Adam]
4. Including the backing singers Pepsi & Shirlie, how many members were in the band Wham ? (4)
[Pepsi & Shirlie, George Michael, Andrew Ridgley]
5. How many dozens in 600 eggs ? (50)
6. Which is the only American state with a name that ends in three vowels ? (HAWAII)
7. According to an old proverb, what is the road to hell paved with ? (GOOD INTENTIONS)
8. Which recently deceased singer was the leader of the 1980s ‘New Romantics’ band Visage ?
(STEVE STRANGE) Steve Harrington.
9. What was the name of Queen Elizabeth II’s only sister ? (MARGARET)
10. Generally, how old is a pupil when they enter year 6 in the UK education system ? (10)
11. Which singer connects the bands Free, Bad Company and Queen ? (PAUL ROGERS)
12. Which cartoon character has nephews, Morty and Ferdy Fieldmouse ? (MICKY MOUSE)
13. Which fashion designer released the fragrances ‘Night of Fancy’, ‘Dolly Girl & ‘Forbidden Affair’?
14. What type of alcoholic drink is the brand ’42 Below’ ? (VODKA)
15. In Harry Potter what dark wizard was Albus Dumbledore said to have defeated in 1945 ?
16. If you run a constant 8mph, how long will it take you to run 28 miles ? (3 HRS, 30 MINS)
17. Which computer game character is described as the ‘wannabe nephew of Donkey Kong’ ?
18. Which of these places is the odd one out ?, Berlin, China, England, Jerusalem ? (BERLIN)
[Although a small part is still intact the Berlin wall is officially gone, great wall of China, Hadrian’s wall, Western wall (or wailing wall)]
19. What is the name of the official United States holiday that honours people who have served in
their armed forces ? (VETERANS DAY)
20. On a ship, what is housed in a binnacle ? (COMPASS)
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. Justin Bieber was the first Twitter user to reach 20 million followers, true or false ? (FALSE)
[it was Lady Gaga]
2. In what year was the use of hand-held mobile phones whilst driving made illegal in the UK ?, was it
2003, 2004 or 2005 ? (2003)
3. In English history, who banned capital punishment for theft ?, was it Oliver Cromwell, Henry VIII
or King James I ? (OLIVER CROMWELL)
4. On average, how many hours in a 24-hour day does an adult Giraffe sleep ?, is it 2, 4 or 6 hours ?
5. The new Queen singer, Adam Lambert once auditioned for the musical ‘We Will Rock You’, true or
false ? (TRUE)
6. According to the Daily Mail, what contains the most calories ?, is it (A)-fig roll, (B)-Jaffa cake,
(C)-plain digestive or (D)-custard cream ? (C) plain digestive.
7. How many nations have won the FIFA World Cup ?, 6, 7 or 8 ? (8) see list below.
8. Oil of vitriol is more commonly known by what name ?, is it vinegar, olive oil or sulphuric acid ?
9. The Italian inventor of the battery was called Volta, true or false ? (TRUE)
10. How many trophies did Manchester United win whilst having Sharp sponsorship on their shirts ?,
was it 7, 10 or 15 ? (15) between 1982-2000.
Tie-Break:- How many active volcanoes are there in Turkey ? (17)
FIFA World Cup Winners
5 1958, 1962, 1970, 1994, 2002
4 1954, 1974, 1990, 2014
4 1934, 1938, 1982, 2006
2 1978, 1986
2 1930, 1950