Trivia Quiz Week 9 2015 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. What are the 3 initials commonly used for the food additive monosodium glutamate ? (MSG)
2. Sandy Cheeks & Mr Krabs are characters in which children’s TV series ?
3. In Star Trek, what is the four-worded spoken blessing of all Vulcans ?
(LIVE LONG AND PROSPER)
4. What kind of ‘people’ did REM have a hit with in 1991 with a little help from the B52s ?
(SHINY HAPPY PEOPLE)
5. What neighbouring country did Iraq invade in 1990 ? (KUWAIT)
6. In Monopoly, how much have you paid if you have bought 3 of the railway stations ? (£600)
[they are £200 each]
7. What is the only word in the English dictionary that ends with the letters MT ? (DREAMT)
8. ‘A woman lies about her gender to join an army but falls in love with her commanding officer’ is
the plot of which Disney film ? (MULAN)
9. Which UK singer recently won 4 awards at the Grammy’s ? (SAM SMITH)
10. Which politician has a daughter called Sasha & another named Malia ? (BARACK OBAMA)
11. In what film (specifically) do you associate ‘the Sunnyside Daycare centre’ ? (TOY STORY 3)
12. Which building did Prince William & Kate Middleton get married ? (WESTMINSTER ABBEY)
13. Which cereal company produces the muesli ‘Alpen’ ? (WEETABIX)
14. Which was the most famous character created by Edgar Rice-Burrows ? (TARZAN)
15. In books & films, by what name was John Clayton better known ? (TARZAN)
[the Earl of Greystoke]
16. Which Beatles song explains how the subject went upstairs on the upper deck of a bus to have
a smoke then fell asleep ? (A DAY IN THE LIFE)
17. According to the Bank of England, what ceased to be legal tender in 1988 ? (£1 NOTE)
18. Pharrell Williams & Johnny Marr collaborated on the soundtrack of which 2014 blockbuster
film ? (THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2)
19. Which Scotsman together with his men defeated the English army at Bannockburn in the 14th
century ? (ROBERT THE BRUCE)
20. MSG are the initials often used to describe which great musical venue ?
(MADISON SQUARE GARDEN) New York.
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. All cockroaches have wings and are capable of flight, true or false ? (FALSE)
[the species called the German cockroach cannot fly]
2. Who has decided to leave Twitter, as it made them “want to punch everyone in the face” ?, is it
Iggy Azalea, Iggy Pop or Noel Gallagher ? (IGGY AZALEA)
3. The main symptom of ‘hypersomnia is too much sleep, true or false ? (TRUE)
4. Which 1980s singer’s 1995 book, was controversially titled ‘Take It Like A Man’, was it Boy
George, Holly Johnson or Morrissey ? (BOY GEORGE)
5. There has been 5 presenters of the UK version of the TV gameshow Catchphrase, true or false ?
(FALSE) 4 [Roy Walker 85-99, Nick Weir 00-01 & 02-04, Mark Curry 02, Stephen Mulhern 13-]
6. In the Meghan Trainor song, how many times is the line ‘I’m All About The Bass’ mentioned ?, is it
20, 30 or 40 times ? (20)
7. In terms of diameter, Jupiter is the biggest planet in our solar system and is 21 times bigger than
the Earth, true or false ? (FALSE) it’s 11 times bigger.
8. In a game of croquet, how many hoops are used ?, 6, 8 or 10 ? (6)
9. Helen Clark was the 37th Prime Minister of New Zealand, true or false ? (TRUE) 1999-2008.
10. What was generally unknown by the British public until it was mentioned in an 80s song ? was it…
Castlemaine XXXX, Sheila’s Wheels or Vegemite Spread ? (VEGEMITE SPREAD)
[lyrics from ‘Down Under’ by Men At Work]
Tie-Break:- How many active volcanoes are there in Russia ? (4)