Trivia quiz Week 22 2015
Trivia Quiz Week 23 2015 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. Which country are the hosts of the 2015 FIFA Women’s Football World Cup ? (CANADA)
2. The ‘Smiler’ is a roller coaster ride at which English theme park ? (ALTON TOWERS)
3. What is the name given to a ripple effect caused by spectators standing up successively &
raising their arms ? (WAVE) Mexican.
4. Dr Who actress Jenna Coleman was recently seen at a polo game with which member of the
Royal family ? (PRINCE HARRY)
5. Which TV theme tune starts with the opening line ‘sunny days, sweeping the clouds away’ ?
6. How many legs does an ant have ? (6)
7. The island called the Azores is part of which country ? (PORTUGAL)
8. What is the highest mountain of the Himalayas ? (EVEREST)
9. According to an old Frank Sinatra song, what ‘goes together like a horse & carriage’ ?
(LOVE & MARRIAGE)
10. Jarvis cocker sang ‘that she was born within an hour of him’, what was her name ? (DEBORAH)
[Disco 2000 – Pulp]
11. In Game of Thrones, what is the name of the capital of the Seven Kingdoms, located in the
Crownlands on the east coast of Westeros ? (KINGS LANDING)
12. What is the common brand name for the drug Diazepam ? (VALIUM)
13. Actress Dakota Johnson played the part of Anastasia Steele in which 2015 film ?
(50 SHADES OF GREY)
14. Leftover potato fried with cabbage & other veg is affectionately known as what ?
(BUBBLE & SQUEAK)
15. The Lakeland town of Bowness stands on which lake ? (WINDERMERE)
16. Which TV programme connects Robert De Niro, Vinnie Jones, David Bowie & Ben Stiller ?
(EXTRAS) Ricky Gervais.
17. In the USA, what is celebrated on the 2nd Feb and is also the title of a 1990s film ?
18. What is the Royal Air Force equivalent of the Royal Navy’s Commodore ? (AIR COMMODORE)
19. The music to the song ‘Barbara Streisand’ by Duck Sauce is based primarily on the sample of a
song called ‘Gotta Go Home’, who is this song by ? (BONEY M)
20. Money slang – If you were handed 3 individual payments of a ‘monkey’, a ‘pony’ & a ‘sov’, what
would the total amount be in normal UK ? (£526)
[monkey-£500, pony-£25, sov-£1]
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. In ancient Greek the word “idiot” meant anyone who wasn’t a god, true or false ? (FALSE)
[‘idiot’ meant anyone who wasn’t a politician]
2. In what decade was Abba the movie given a world premier ?, 70s, 80s or 90s ? (70s) 1977.
3. Nelson Mandela was not removed from the US terror watch list until he died, true or false ?
(FALSE) it was 2008.
4. In South Park, although rarely seen, what colour hair does Kenny have ?, blonde, brown or ginger ?
(BLONDE) according to the official South Park website.
5. All 4 members of the boyband Blue have now been declared bankrupt, true or false ? (TRUE)
6. In the world of wrestling, how is Terry Bollea better known ?, Hulk Hogan, Triple H or the
Undertaker ? (HULK HOGAN)
7. The UK hip-hop band, N-Dubz were originally going to be called ‘Hakuna Matata, true or false ?
(TRUE) the reason they didn’t was due to Disney’s copyright laws.
8. The line ‘Honey I shrunk the kids’ is never used in the film Honey I shrunk the kids, true or
false ? (TRUE)
9. In 1987, a heat wave killed over 1,000 people in Greece, true or false ? (TRUE)
10. New NHS figures reveal that which city is the UK’s booze capital ?, is it Lincoln, Newcastle or
Salford ? (SALFORD)
[the hospital admission rate for alcohol related disease or injuries per 100,000 population in the city was 1,754]
Tie-Break:- To the nearest million, how many cats are eaten in Asia every year ? (4 MILLION)