Trivia Quiz Week 19 2015 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. What is the maiden name of the Duchess of Cambridge ? (MIDDLETON)
2. What colour is the children’s character Ivor the Engine ? (GREEN)
3. How many of Henry 8VIII’s wives did he divorce ? (2)
[Catherine of Aragon & Anne of Cleves]
4. In the Gloria Gaynor song ‘I Will Survive’, what 3 words follow the first 4 words ?
(I WAS PETRIFIED)
5. ‘The pride of Wales’ & ‘the Italian dragon’ are both nicknames associated with whom ?
6. Which comic character is always seen wearing a black & red striped jumper ?
(DENNIS THE MENACE)
7. “Are you staring at me ass, Jon Snow ?” is a famous line from which TV series ?
(GAME OF THRONES)
8. Which city is home the the football club Crystal Palace ? (LONDON) Selhurst Park.
9. What name connects a well known choreographer to Garfield the Cat’s girlfriend ? (ARLENE)
10. The name of which cocktail shares its name with a 1997 hit song ? (SEX ON THE BEACH)
11. Which North African country borders Algeria & Libya ? (TUNISIA)
12. What was the name of Dr Frankenstein’s hunchbacked assistant ? (IGOR) or Ygor.
13. In forensic science, what are characterised by patterns such as loops whorls & arches ?
14. What does sugar turn into at a temperature of 115 degrees Centigrade ? (CARAMEL)
15. In US politics, who was the 1st wife of the ‘President in office’ to appear before a Grand Jury ?
16. Sharing its name with a festive film, what is the lightest and possibly the smallest species of
owl ? (ELF OWL) weighs 1 ½ ozs.
17. Collectively who are Jayde, Meygan, Sasha & Yasmin ? (BRATZ) dolls.
18. If you are watching the Highlanders play in New Zealand, what team sport are you watching ?
19. A laparotomy is a surgical procedure involving a large incision through which part of the body ?
(ABDOMEN) abdominal wall.
20. What 11-letter word is used when given to the transitional stage of physical & psychological
human development around the teenage years ? (ADOLESCENCE)
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. Oswald Copplepot is the real name of which Batman villain ?, is it the Joker, Penguin or the
Riddler ? (PENGUIN)
2. The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was first of the Bourne series of books and was first
published in 1980, true or false ? (TRUE)
3. In which decade did the Russian unmanned spaceship ‘Luna 20’ land on the Moon ?, was it 60s,
70s or 80s ? (70s) 1972.
4. The egg, oil & lemon juice mixture called Mayonnaise originated in Spain, true or false ? (TRUE)
5. For how long did the Romans remain in England ?, (A)-267, (B)-367 or (C)-467 years ?
6. Dr Alzheimer of Germany first identified the disease Alzheimer’s, true or false ? (TRUE) 1906.
7. London born actor Peter Mayhew played which character in Star Wars ?, was it (A)-Chewbacca,
(B)-the Emperor or (C)-C-3PO ? (CHEWBACCA)
8. Most body heat is lost through the head, true or false ? (FALSE)
[only about 10% is lost through the head.]
9. Which name overtook Coca Cola in the mid-nineties as the most widely recognised brand in the
world ? was it McDonald’s or Manchester United ? (McDONALD’S)
10. Eating carrots regularly, can help some people see in the dark, true or false ? (FALSE)
Tie-Break:- How much money did Gillette reportedly pay to be the sponsor of the very first
London Marathon in 1981 ? (£75,000)
Comments on: "Week 19 2015" (1)
Question 4 should read: In the Gloria Gaynor song ‘I Will Survive’, what 3 words follow the first 5 words not 4. (At first I was afraid) I was petrified.