Trivia Quiz Week 37 2015 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. Which country stunned the world by beating South Africa 32-34 at the recent Rugby World Cup ?
2. In which decade was the film Grease set ? (1950s) 1958.
3. Which monarch succeeded George I of England ? (GEORGE II)
[followed by George III and George IV]
4. The 100,000 capacity Empire Stadium that opened in the 1920s became better known as what ?
5. In what film did Ellen DeGeneres voice a fish named ‘Dory’ ? (FINDING NEMO)
6. What name is given to the native people of Malta ? (MALTESE)
7. Which TV character attended Sunnydale High School ? (BUFFY) the vampire slayer.
8. The hit single ‘Make You Feel My Love’ by Adele is the only song not composed by herself, which
legendary American singer/songwriter wrote it ? (BOB DYLAN)
9. In politics, what is the Prime Minister’s team of key & most senior politicians called ?
10. In the cartoon strip, what is the name of Andy Capp’s wife ? (FLO)
11. Which politician recently recorded an episode of ‘Running Wild’ with Bear Grylls in the Alaskan
wilderness ? (BARACK OBAMA)
12. Which Salford-born poet wrote the poem ‘’you’ll never see a nipple in the Daily Express” ?
(JOHN COOPER CLARK)
13. Singapore is the capital city of which country ? (SINGAPORE)
14. What band, associated with the 80s/90s ‘Madchester’ scene took their name from a shop on
their local Oldham estate ? (INSPIRAL ARTS)
15. In which month does the Christian festival, epiphany take place ? (JANUARY) 6th.
[It celebrates the baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist]
16. What is the name of the gate in the Tower of London that leads onto the Thames ?
17. Chris Squire is the recently deceased bass guitarist of which 70s progressive rock band ? (YES)
18. According to the title of the 1930s romantic song, what type of bird sang in Berkeley Square ?
19. How many members were in the original line-up of Hear’Say ? (5)
[Danny Foster, Myleene Klass, Kym Marsh, Suzanne Shaw & Noel Sullivan]
20. Over 7mins long, which 1983 hit single by a Manchester band is the biggest-selling 12” single
of all time in the UK ? (BLUE MONDAY) New Order.
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. A nectarine is a cross between a peach and an apricot, true or false ? (FALSE)
2. What is a young rabbit called ?, is it a kitten a pup or a stew ? (KITTEN) kit.
3. The condition for men going to gyms to build their bodies bigger because they think they a thin
is called ‘bigophobia’, true or false ? (TRUE) aka muscle dysmorphia
4. Dorothy Perkins, Grandpa Dickson & Iceberg are 3 varieties of what ? roses or lettuce ? (ROSES)
5. In what decade was Radio 5 launched ?, was it the 70s, 80s or 90s ? (90s) 1990.
6. An ‘intrusion’ is the collective noun for which insect ?, is it cockroaches, termites or locusts ?
(COCKROACHES) locusts-plague. termites-colony or swarm.
7. Who played Dr Ian Malcolm in the film Jurassic Park ? was it Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neill or
Richard Attenborough ? (JEFF GOLDBLUM)
8. In 2013, what British overseas territory joined UEFA ?, was it Gibraltar or Malta ? (GIBRALTA)
[Malta is an independent state]
9. The British poisonous wildflower Digitalis is more commonly known as the Deadly Nightshade, true
or false ? (FALSE) digitalis is the foxglove, Bella Donna is known as Deadly Nightshade.
10. Which British singer was the only solo act to sell a million albums in both the UK & US in 2014 ?,
was it Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith or Susan Boyle ? (SAM SMITH)
Tie-Break:- If you were to walk around the coastline of Australia, including its islands, how many
kilometres would you clock up ? (25,760)