Trivia Quiz Week 34 2015 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. What type of vegetable can be sweet, red skin and King Edward ? (POTATO)
2. Which boyband has announced that they are splitting up after 5 years ? (ONE DIRECTION)
[the Rolling Stones can still headline Glastonbury…..after 50 years !!!]
3. In which country did Sumo Wrestling originate ? (JAPAN)
4. Which rapper recently announced he wants to run for US president in 2020 ? (KANYE WEST)
5. Elton John’s original version of Candle in the Wind was about which woman ?
6. As a professional, how many football clubs has David Beckham played for ? (6)
[Man U, Preston, Real Madrid, L.A. Galaxy, AC Milan, Paris Saint Germain]
7. How many metal wire rings are on a standard competition dartboard ? (7)
8. By what name was Hannah Montana known when away from the limelight in the TV show Hanna
Montana ? (MILEY RAY STEWART)
9. Who replaced Stevie Marriott as lead singer of one of the greatest R&B groups of the 60s, the
Small Faces ? (ROD STEWART)
10. Who was Arthur Conan Doyle’s most famous fictional doctor ? (DR WATSON)
11. In which decade was Now 64 released ? (2000s) 2006.
12. Which famous captain was in charge of the ship called the Black Pig ? (CAPTAIN PUGWASH)
13. From which 21st century film is this the synopsis…’when a Roman general is betrayed & his family
murdered by an emperor’s corrupt son, he comes to Rome to seek revenge’ ? (GLADIATOR)
14. What do the initials HP on a bottle of HP sauce stand for ? (HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT)
15. What do the initials BYOB on an invitation stand for ? (BRING YOUR OWN BOOZE)
16. Which group performed the theme song to the TV comedy drama ‘The Royle Family’ ? (OASIS)
[Half The World Away]
17. When Nestle 1st removed artificial colouring from Smarties, blue Smarties were temporarily
replaced with what colour ? (WHITE) and since been replaced by a blue natural colouring.
18. What is the busiest single-runway airport in the world ? (LONDON GATWICK)
19. From which Jim Carey film does this quote come ?…..”if I’m not back in 5 minutes, just wait
longer” ? (ACE VENTURA, PET DETECTIVE)
20. How many counters are on the board at the start of a game of backgammon ? (30)
[15 for each player]
(each correct answer is worth 5 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. The music CD first became commercially available in 1982, true or false ? (TRUE)
2. Which London building is sometimes referred to as ‘the parish church of the world’ ? is it….
St Paul’s cathedral or Westminster Abbey ? (WESTMINSTER ABBEY)
3. What social media activity did the Pope unexpectedly engage in earlier this year ?, was it (A)-took
a selfie, (B)-did the ice-bucket challenge or (C)-posted a prayer online followed by lol ? (A)-selfie.
4. Which US President was the tallest ?, Abraham Lincoln, Barak Obama or James Madison ?
(ABRAHAM LINCOLN) 6” 4’.
5. William Michael Broad is the real name of which singer, is it Alice Cooper, Billy Fury or Billy Idol ?
6. The shirts of which of these football teams are famously ‘cerulean’ ?, Liverpool, Man City, or
Norwich City ? (MAN CITY) cerulean is blue.
7. Christiano Ronaldo is the new all-time top scorer for Real Madrid, true or false ? (FALSE) 307.
[it’s Raul Gonzalez with 323 goals]
8. It is an offense to be drunk and in charge of a cow in Scotland, true or false ? (TRUE)
[with a fine of up to £1,200]
9. Which comedy actor fell victim to an online death hoax last month (August 2015) ?, was it Ronnie
Corbett or Rowan Atkinson ? (ROWAN ATKINSON)
10. The phrase ‘being in the limelight’ refers to the old music hall performers working under the
light made from the slow burning of limes at the front of the stage, true or false ? (TRUE)
[is an intense white light which is produced by heating a piece of lime in a flame of burning oxygen & hydrogen]
Tie-Break:- theoretically, how many balloons could a Blue Whale inflate with just one breath ?
Leave a Reply