Trivia Quiz Week 35 2015 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. Charlotte, harmony, melody & desiree are 4 types of which vegetable ? (POTATO)
2. What brand produced the famous Bold, Curve & Pearl models of Smartphone ? (BLACKBERRY)
3. Paul Weller was the lead singer of which band ? (JAM)
4. Who was the wife of King Arthur ? (GUINEVERE)
5. In the cartoon Peanuts, what is the name of Charlie Brown’s dog ? (SNOOPY)
6. At Wimbledon, how many ball boys & girls are on court during a match ? (6)
7. On which continent would you find the coldest place on earth ? (ANTARCTICA)
8. In the Simpsons, whose catchphrase was ‘okily dokily’ ? (NED FLANDERS)
9. Which American sit-com are you likely to hear ‘hello Newman’ ? (SEINFELD)
10. With 10 letters, what word is used to describe the disease which affects the body’s joints ?
(RHEUMATISM) Arthritis has only 9 letters.
11. A white cross on a red shield is which country’s coat of arms ? (SWITZERLAND)
12. What was the title of the biggest hit single for a 70s film with an automotive title ?
13. What is the world’s second largest fish ? (BASKING SHARK)
[the whale shark is the largest]
14. What children’s game would you most likely be doing if you were chanting ‘salt, mustard, vinegar,
pepper’ ? (SKIPPING)
15. Which former British Prime Minister was born in Edinburgh in 1953 ? (TONY BLAIR)
16. What relation is Queen Victoria to Queen Elizabeth II ? (GREAT GREAT GRANDMOTHER)
17. Which Irish band has sold almost 30 million records since there first hit in 1993 ? (CRANBERRIES)
18. How are TV presenters Richard McCourt & Dominic Wood better known ? (DICK & DOM)
19. In which year did the iPad 4 go on sale for the first time ? (2013) 5th Feb 2013.
20. Which is the 9th largest island in the world ? (GREAT BRITAIN) not United Kingdom.
[Great Britain is an island separated from the European mainland by the English Channel and
the North Sea. it comprises the nations of England, Scotland & Wales.]
(each correct answer is worth 5 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. BBC 2 became the first British channel to broadcast regular programmes in colour, true or false ?
(TRUE) [1966, its first colour pictures were beamed from Wimbledon]
2. Florence Nightingale was born in Florence, Italy, true or false ? (TRUE)
3. Goldschlager & Rumplemintz are 2 types of ski’s for downhill ski-ing, true or false ? (FALSE)
[they are schnapps]
4. In which county is the Eastern-most point of the UK ?, is it Essex, Kent, Norfolk or Suffolk ?
(SUFFOLK) [Lowestoft Ness]
5. Ian Wright is the father of footballer Bradley Wright-Phillips, true or false ? (TRUE)
6. The Band was a backing group for which singer ?, was it Bob Dylan, Tom Petty or Tom Jones ?
(BOB DYLAN) [1965-67. Tom Jones & the Senators, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers]
7. Before the Euro, the Lats was the old currency of Latvia, true or false ? (TRUE) 2014.
8. In which decade did the original ‘Street Fighter’ arcade game first appear in amusement arcades ?
was it the 70s, 80s or 90s ? (80s) 1987.
9. What was the breed of the rabid dog in the Stephen King book Cujo ?, was it a Doberman, a
Labrador or a St Bernard ? (ST BERNARD)
10. In the film Reservoir Dogs, what colour is the name of Harvey Keitel’s character ?, is it Blue,
Brown, Pink or White ? (MR WHITE)
Tie-Break:- In which year was the audio cassette invented ? (1962)
1 Greenland[Note 3]
2 New Guinea
5 Baffin Island
8 Victoria Island
9 Great Britain
10. Ellesmere Island