Trivia Quiz Week 42 2015 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. Man Utd & England International footballer Jessie Lingard hails from which country ? (ENGLAND)
2. Which ex-footballer is the father to one of Katie Price’s kids ? (DWIGHT YORKE)
3. What was the 02 Arena known as before 2007 ? (MILLENNIUM DOME)
4. What small word precedes Bill, Bob, timer & peculiar ? (OLD)
[Old Bob & Old Peculiar are names of beers]
5. Which musical includes the songs ‘Wouldn’t It Be Luverly’ & ‘Get Me To The Church On Time’ ?
(MY FAIR LADY)
6. What 6-letter word can be the name of a US fighter plane and also a name that describes a type
of bird or dinosaur ? (RAPTOR)
7. Iraq was at war with which country between 1980-1988 ? (IRAN)
8. The central nervous system connects the spinal column to which organ ? (BRAIN)
9. Sounding arguably like what an angler likes doing, what 7-letter word describes the process of
splitting atoms ? (FISSION)
10. What 10-letter word is used for a vertical iron gate on a castle ? (PORTCULLIS)
11. Which character did Jessie Eisenberg portray in the 2010 film ‘The Social Network’ ?
12. Who replaced Stevie Marriott as lead singer of the then called Small Faces ? (ROD STEWART)
[Sharon Osbourne’s dad, Don Arden was their manager]
13. What name is given to the Sun’s atmosphere as a fiery ring during a total eclipse ? (CORONA)
14. Which Lady Gaga song shares its name with a game for the Nintendo Wii ? (JUST DANCE)
15. In Norse mythology, what name is used for the place where dead brave soldiers go ?
16. Which country would you hit if you travelled directly north from Tenerife ? (ICELAND)
17. What 6-letter German word is used in English for broken, wasted or exhausted ? (KAPUTT)
18. Laputa is the floating island in which classic children’s book ? (GULLIVER’S TRAVELS)
19. What is the southernmost city on mainland Great Britain ? (TRURO) Cornwall.
20. What colour duffle coat did Paddington Bear wear ? (BLUE)
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. What animal is the symbol of the US democratic party ?, is it the donkey or the elephant ?
(DONKEY) elephant is the Republicans.
2. Which Rolling Stone recently published his diaries in book form ?, was it Charlie Watts, Mick
Jagger or Ronnie Wood ? (RONNIE WOOD)
3. The first couple seen in bed together on TV was Fred & Wilma Flintstone, true or false ? (FALSE)
[Mary Kay & Johnny was the first TV series to portray a married couple who slept in the same bed. November 1947]
4. In which European country were banknotes first issued ?, was it England, Germany or Sweden ?
5. Santander is a city situated on the north coast of Spain. Located east of Gijon and west of Bilbao,
true or false ? (TRUE)
6. In what decade were cigarette ads banned on UK TV ?, was it the 60s, 70s or 80s ? (60s)
[All TV commercials for cigarettes were banned on 1st August 1965]
7. Excluding heliports & closed airports, there are 15 airports in Wales & Anglesey , true or false ?
(TRUE) Cardiff Airport is the only international airport.
8. In which decade was the NME music mag first published ?, was it the 40s, 50s or 60s ? (50s) 52.
9. The Russian parliament building in Moscow is called ‘the White House’, true or false ? (TRUE)
[The Russian White House; Officially: The House of the Government of the Russian Federation]
10. Who, according to long-time BBC radio DJ Brian Matthew is considered to be classed as ‘the
father of soul’ ?, is it James Brown, Otis Redding or Ray Charles ? (RAY CHARLES)
[James Brown was known as the ‘godfather of soul’]
Tie-Break:- In pounds (£s), Stonehenge was sold at auction in 1915, for how much ?