Trivia Quiz Week 43 2015 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. Which electronics company produces the Nintendo Wii ? (NINTENDO)
2. How much are the drinks at Wham’s Club Tropicana ? (FREE)
3. What slang word for a bet was also the currency of the Republic of Ireland before the Euro ?
4. Which Teletubby has a triangular antenna on its head ? (TINKY WINKY)
5. How many degrees are there in two and a half right angles ? (225)
[90 degrees in one right angle]
6. The Sargasso sea is part of which ocean ? (ATLANTIC)
7. Jade, Chloe & Sasha are parts of a set of which doll collection ? (BRATZ)
8. What letter is added to the word gateau when there is more than one ? (X) gateaux.
9. Who was Britain’s first Prime Minister ? (ROBERT WALPOLE)
10. To advertise their product what brand once used the line “eight out of ten owners who expressed
a preference said their cat prefers it” ? (WHISKERS)
11. How many girls were in the backing band of Robert Palmer’s 1985 video ‘Addicted To Love’ ? (5)
[1 drummer, 1 keyboard player, 2 guitars, 1 bass]
12. Which communications tycoon became the owner of the Times newspaper in 1981 ?
13. Ian Broudie is the lead singer of which Liverpool-based band from the 90s ?
14. In Eastenders, what was the name of the restaurant run by the Di Marco family ?
15. The logo of which alcoholic beverage displays a crucifix above a stags head ?
16. Which country shares borders with Germany, Poland, Slovakia & Austria ? (CZECH REPUBLIC)
17. Which European city would you visit if you wanted to see the famous Sagrada Familia church ?
Sport (BARCELONA) Spain.
18. Which (male) tennis player was the 2012 US Open Champion, the reigning Olympic Singles
Champion and is currently ranked No2 in the world ? (ANDY MURRAY)
19. Premiership footballer Alexis Sanchez hails from which country ? (CHILE) Arsenal.
20. Which Englishman has managed 21 different teams including Blackburn Rovers and Inter Milan in
the 90s and Liverpool in the 2010s ? (ROY HODGSON)
[Liverpool 2010-11, Blackburn 97-98, Inter 95-97]
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 5 questions.
1. What is the most common name for a Pope ?, is it John, Paul or Pius ? (JOHN) 21. [Pius-12]
2. The saltwater crocodile is the world’s largest lizard, true or false ? (FALSE)
[crocs are not lizards, the largest lizard is the Komodo dragon]
3. In 1996, the Spice Girls said their ‘girl power’ role model was who ?, was it Hilary Clinton, Suzi
Quatro or Margaret Thatcher ? (MARGARET THATCHER)
4. Greater Manchester police receive around 1,200 emergency 999 calls how often ? is it every hour,
every day or every week ? (EVERY DAY) that’s one every minute.
5. As icebergs break away from polar ice glaciers, they are said to be doing what ?, calving, lambing
or shedding ? (CALVING)
6. The panel show, 8 out of 10 Cats was first shown on TV in the 90s, true or false ? (FALSE) 2005.
7. What is the least amount of players on a netball team to enable a game to go ahead ?, is it…..
5, 6 or 7 ? (5) is the least amount.
8. The German national football team’s away strip is green, in respect that the Irish were the only
country that would play them just after WW2, true or false ? (FALSE)
9. According to Gray’s Anatomy (the book not the TV show), how many bones make up the human
skull ?, is it 10, 16 or 22 ? (22)
10. Fitzwilliam is the surname of Mr Darcy in the Bronte novel Pride & Prejudice, true or false ?
(FALSE) it was Jane Austin, not Bronte.
Tie-Break:- According to the McDonald’s website, how many calories are in a Big Mac ? (508)