Trivia Quiz Week 49 2012
Trivia Quiz Christmas Week 49 2012 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. Who wrote the book ‘A Christmas Carol’ ? (CHARLES DICKENS)
2. What’s the only fruit mentioned in the 12 days of Christmas ? (PEAR)
3. How many of Santa’s reindeer have a name beginning with ‘D’ ? (3)
[Donna, Dancer, Dasher]
4. What can be an island in the Indian Ocean and a full length animated feature film ? (MADAGASCAR)
5. On which day did Scrooge buy the biggest turkey in the shop ? (CHRISTMAS DAY)
6. What is the American equivalent of the Royal Air Force ? (UNITED STATES AIR FORCE)
7. In Cluedo, what colour is the playing piece for Mrs Peacock ? (BLUE)
8. Which fashion designer designed the famous conical bra for Madonna ? (JEAN-PAUL GAULTIER)
9. What is the alcoholic ingredient in a Snowball cocktail ? (ADVOCAAT) [advocaat, lemonade, lime]
10. How many Hollywood stars feature in the current Dior perfume ad alongside Charlize Theron ?
(3) Grace Kelly, Marlene Dietrich, Marilyn Monroe.
11. The Christmas tree in Trafalgar Square, London is an annual gift from which nation ? (NORWAY)
[first given in 1947 as a token of appreciation for British support during WW2]
12. What is the name of the pet dog in the Simpsons ? (SANTA’S LITTLE HELPER)
13. Since 1990, how many footballers have won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award ? (4)
[Paul Gascoigne-90, Michael Owen-98, David Beckham-01, Ryan Giggs-09] (Bobby Moore-66)
14. What 2 spices are usually used to flavour egg-nog ? (CINNAMON & NUTMEG)
15. Due to inflation, £100 in 1980 would now be worth how much in today’s money ? (£399)
16. Which prince that lived in England is said to have introduced the Christmas tree into the UK ? (PRINCE ALBERT) 1841.
17. What was the name of Michael J Fox’s character in Back To The Future ? (MARTY McFLY)
18. Harry Judd is currently the drummer with which English pop/rock group ? (McFLY)
19. In which Bond film does Dr Christmas Jones appear ? (THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH)
[played by Denise Richards]
20. What is the total quantity of items given in the song “The Twelve days of Christmas” ?
(364) not 78. (see list below)
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. How many of Santa’s reindeer have a name beginning with ‘C’ ?, 1 or 2 ? (2) Comet & Cupid.
[Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen]
2. St Nicholas was born in Greece, true or false ? (TRUE)
[born in Patara which is a port on the Mediterranean sea but grew up in modern day Turkey]
3. What Christmas item was invented by London baker Tom Smith in 1847 ?, Christmas crackers or
Christmas tree lights ? (CRACKERS)
4. The Christmas carol ‘Silent Night’ was specifically written for the guitar, true or false ? (TRUE)
[written by Franz Gruber, first performed in 1818 on Christmas Eve in Saltsburg, Austria]
5. How many times have the Beatles had a UK No1 single on Christmas Day ? (4)
[I wanna hold your hand-63, I feel fine-64, day tripper-65, hello goodbye-67]
6. What game was invented first ?, Monopoly or Scrabble ? (MONOPOLY)
7. William the Conqueror was crowned King of England on Christmas Day 1066 ?, true or false ?
8. Which TV chef created a Christmas pudding for Waitrose in 2010 with a whole orange inside ?
9. In the southern hemisphere, what solstice falls in December ? (SUMMER SOLSTICE)
10. Tradition says that eating a mince pie on each of the 12 days of Christmas is supposed to bring
good luck, true or false ? (TRUE)
Tie-Break:- The Hobbit film set a record for December 2012 by taking how much in its opening
weekend at the US box office (in dollars) ? ($84.8m (£52.4m)