Here are the answers to the first quiz of 2011. How did you get on? 🙂
1. CHERYL COLE
6. 666 (accept 616)
8. CARRY ON ABROAD (1972)
9. WEST SUSSEX (HMP Ford)
10. JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES
11. BEN NEVIS (Scotland)
12. LEE MEAD
14. SNEEZY (Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy)
16. LES MISERABLES
20. 74 (101 + 6 – 36 + 3 = 74)
It’s a new year and with a new year, we start a new chapter in the history of the Mike Prince website. From now on, I’ll be publishing my current quiz a month after it has run in my resident pubs and the answers a mere seven days later. Here is the first quiz of 2011 and may I take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy New Year!!! 🙂
1. Which singer last year lost a husband and found malaria?
2. Cricket… Which country won the ashes in 2009? Was it Australia, England or the West Indies?
3. On the BBC cooking programme Saturday Kitchen, how many eggs must be used for the omelette challenge?
4. Including the present one, how many British prime ministers are still with us?
5. According to Harry Hill, what was the name of Susan Boyle and Wagner’s love child?
6. Which 3 figures are known as the ‘number of the beast’?
7. Which singer has put her name to the perfume, ‘Heat’?
8. Which ‘Carry On’ film comes first alphabetically?
9. In which English county did violence & fire break out at an open prison on New Year’s Day 2011?
10. Which religion believed that the world would end in 1975, calling it Armageddon?
11. We all know mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world above sea level, but what is the highest peak in the British Isles?
12. Who won the title role in the 2007 reality BBC TV show ‘Any Dream Will Do’?
13. Which Australian state/territory is currently suffering major flooding?
14. Which of the 7 dwarves comes last alphabetically?
15. Which ‘P’ can go before piece and line and after garden?
16. Susan Boyle’s famous audition song, ‘I Dreamed A Dream’ comes from which West End show?
17. The French do it on a Sunday, the Americans do it on a Tuesday, the British do it on a Thursday… what is it?
18. At which time of the day is the red ball dropped at the Greenwich observatory?
19. The 1st January 2011 saw Dilma Rousseff being sworn into office as the new and first woman president of which South American country?
20. If you add the amount of Disney’s dalmations to the Trumpton firemen, subtract Princess Diana’s age when her candle in the wind blew out, then add Bob Marley’s little birds, what number do you end up with?
Tie-Break: Copies of the Nadine Coyle single that was Exclusively distributed by Tesco only sold how many in the first 24 hours of its release last December 2010?
Here are the answers from the Week 34 (2010) quiz. How did you get on? 🙂
1. X FACTOR
2. LIBERAL DEMOCRAT
3. EMPIRE GAMES
5. BETTY DRIVER
7. WONDER WOMAN
9. WATER POLO
10. BILLY CONNELLY
11. SPERM WHALE
12. 4 MPH
13. RIB-EYE STEAK
14. DRINKING STRAW
15. JOHN HUMPHRIES
16. 6th DAY
17. TEA BAG
18. NEW MOON
19. CELEBRITY MASTERCHEF
Another quiz for you to get your teeth into. As always, this quiz is an older one from my archives, so you will have to think back to week 34 in 2010 to get the answers right. Have fun and don’t forget to sign up to my website so you get notifications when I post new quizzes. See the button on the right. 🙂
1. The first episode of which reality show was watched by 11.1m people last Saturday night?
2. Charles Kennedy is a member of which political party?
3. What was the Commonwealth Games originally called?
4. Which common boy’s name is mentioned 1,064 times in the bible, Peter, John or David?
5. Which actress plays Betty Williams in Coronation Street?
6. Which premiership football club comes out on their home ground pitch to the theme tune to of the 60s police drama Z Cars?
7. Diana Prince is the secret identity of which comic book superhero?
8. Julia Gillard is the current prime minister of which country?
9. In which sport would you find positions called driver, bucket, hole, and point?
10. Which 68yr old Glasgow born comedian was recently given the freedom of the city?
11. What is the world’s largest carnivore? [Clue: it eats giant squid]
12. When Bridget Driscoll died 114 years ago to become the very first road victim, how fast was the car going that killed her? Was it 4, 14 or 24 mph?
13. What is Britain’s favourite cut of beef, which comes from the fore rib just under the shoulder blade?
14. What did Martin Stone invent in 1888 that millions of suckers use every day?
15. Who is the current host of Mastermind?
16. According to the bible, on which day did god create Adam?
17. Which commonly used item is made from thermo-plastic paper & hemp and is designed to withstand boiling water?
18. What is the title of the sequel to the American romantic vampire film, Twilight?
19. Holby City actress Lisa Faulkner won which TV competition last week?
20. Which is the only part of the monkfish that is usually eaten?
Remember, if you need a quiz in your pub or venue, get in touch! Answers available within a week.
Here are the answers? How many did you get right? Sorry, how many did you get right without resorting to Google? 🙂
2. TONY BLAIR
3. Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
4. FRANK SIDEBOTTOM
8. A580 (East Lancs Road)
9. VICTORIA BECKHAM
10. GERI HALLIWELL
11. VITAMIN D
12. UNIFORM RECOURCE LOCATOR
15. SVEN GORAN ERIKSSON
16. THE ORIGINAL 13 STATES
17. NORTH & SOUTH KOREA
18. PETTY OFFICER
19. PETER SHILTON
20. STATUS QUO
If you would like to buy or run a Mike Prince Quiz in your pub or venue, why not contact me? I have hundreds of quizzes with picture rounds, music rounds, general knowledge, dingbats, puzzles and word games. Click on Contact Me to get in touch!
Here are the answer for last weeks quiz! How did you do?
1. HOLBY CITY
2. DANNY BOYLE
4. HAIRY BIKERS
6. JOHNNY DEPP
8. RAY QUINN
9. IAN BOTHAM
17. PETER CROUCH
19. SOUTH AFRICA
Another quiz for you all to ponder. Once again, you’ll have to think back to week 27 in 2010 to get the answers! Enjoy. 🙂
1. What is the last consonant of the English alphabet?
2. Who was British prime minister at the start of the 21st century?
3. What is the proper name for the 80s pop group OMD?
4. 55 yr old Christopher Mark Sievey died last week, who was he better known as?
5. What sort of creature is a Painted Lady?
6. The 2014 football World Cup will be held in which country?
7. Eric Wimp is the secret identity of which superhero?
8. First opened in 1934 by king George V, which road connects Salford and Liverpool?
9. It has been revealed that Land Rover have recruited which celebrity to design the interior of the latest Range Rover?
10. Which member of the fantastically talented spice girls will be 38 on 6th August?
11. The Department of Health advises pregnant women to ensure they receive 10 micrograms of which vitamin per day because diet & the sun don’t provide enough?
12. In computer terms, what do the initials U.R.L. stand for?
13. Which planet is named after the Roman god of the Dead?
14. In which decade did Terry Venables becomes manager of Barcelona?
15. Who is so far the only manager who has achieved the league and cup double in three different countries?
16. What do the 13 stripes on the American national flag represent?
17. The 38th parallel is the dividing line between which two countries?
18. What is the RAF equivalent of a sergeant in the British army?
19. After playing 125 games in 20 years for his country, who is England’s most capped footballer of all time?
20. Which 2-worded phrase describes the existing state of affairs and is also the name of an English rock band?