Here are the answers to the first quiz of 2011. How did you get on? 🙂
1. CHERYL COLE
6. 666 (accept 616)
8. CARRY ON ABROAD (1972)
9. WEST SUSSEX (HMP Ford)
10. JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES
11. BEN NEVIS (Scotland)
12. LEE MEAD
14. SNEEZY (Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy)
16. LES MISERABLES
20. 74 (101 + 6 – 36 + 3 = 74)
It’s a new year and with a new year, we start a new chapter in the history of the Mike Prince website. From now on, I’ll be publishing my current quiz a month after it has run in my resident pubs and the answers a mere seven days later. Here is the first quiz of 2011 and may I take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy New Year!!! 🙂
1. Which singer last year lost a husband and found malaria?
2. Cricket… Which country won the ashes in 2009? Was it Australia, England or the West Indies?
3. On the BBC cooking programme Saturday Kitchen, how many eggs must be used for the omelette challenge?
4. Including the present one, how many British prime ministers are still with us?
5. According to Harry Hill, what was the name of Susan Boyle and Wagner’s love child?
6. Which 3 figures are known as the ‘number of the beast’?
7. Which singer has put her name to the perfume, ‘Heat’?
8. Which ‘Carry On’ film comes first alphabetically?
9. In which English county did violence & fire break out at an open prison on New Year’s Day 2011?
10. Which religion believed that the world would end in 1975, calling it Armageddon?
11. We all know mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world above sea level, but what is the highest peak in the British Isles?
12. Who won the title role in the 2007 reality BBC TV show ‘Any Dream Will Do’?
13. Which Australian state/territory is currently suffering major flooding?
14. Which of the 7 dwarves comes last alphabetically?
15. Which ‘P’ can go before piece and line and after garden?
16. Susan Boyle’s famous audition song, ‘I Dreamed A Dream’ comes from which West End show?
17. The French do it on a Sunday, the Americans do it on a Tuesday, the British do it on a Thursday… what is it?
18. At which time of the day is the red ball dropped at the Greenwich observatory?
19. The 1st January 2011 saw Dilma Rousseff being sworn into office as the new and first woman president of which South American country?
20. If you add the amount of Disney’s dalmations to the Trumpton firemen, subtract Princess Diana’s age when her candle in the wind blew out, then add Bob Marley’s little birds, what number do you end up with?
Tie-Break: Copies of the Nadine Coyle single that was Exclusively distributed by Tesco only sold how many in the first 24 hours of its release last December 2010?