Trivia Quiz Week 36 2014 http://www.mikeprincedj.com
1. In the recent Great North Run half marathon, who became the first British man to win the race in
29 years ? (MO FARRAH)
2. What 7-worded reply is the answer to the question in the first verse of the nursery rhyme about
‘black sheep’ ? (YES SIR, YES SIR, THREE BAGS FULL) Baa Baa Black Sheep.
3. What is the name of the first female Smurf ? (SMURFETTE)
4. What is the name of the island on which International Rescue are based ? (TRACY ISLAND)
5. Which 2 actors play an elderly Gay couple in the current TV sit-com ‘Vicious’ ?
(IAN McKELLEN & DEREK JACOBI)
6. Who was elected president of South Africa in 1994 ? (NELSON MANDELLA)
7. How many different flavours are there in a bag of Revels ? (6)
[orange, raisin, caramel-toffee, maltesers, coffee, chocolate]
8. Which football manager did Michael Sheen portray in the film ‘The Damned United’ ?
9. In which decade did Phil ‘the power’ Taylor first become World Darts Champion ? (1990s) 1990.
10. Famous for his moustache, 35 yr old Comedian, actor & TV presenter, Robert Simpson, is better
known by what name ? (RUFUS HOUND)
11. In 2006, Charles Kennedy resigned from which political party ? (LIBERAL DEMOCRAT)
12. How many millions in one billion ? (ONE THOUSAND)
[the English billion is now the same as the American]
13. Which 2 singers had hits with ‘Don’t Cry For Me Argentina’ ?
(JULIE COVINGTON & MADONNA)
14. Which singing duo has the first names Arthur & Paul ? (SIMON & GARFUNKEL)
15. How many points are awarded for second place in Formula 1 ? (18) 25-1st, 15-3rd.
16. Which actor connects Michael Jackson with the film Edward Scissorhands ? (VINCENT PRICE)
[Father of Edward Scissorhands & narrator on ‘Thriller’]
17. Which part of the Far-East is sometimes called ‘the roof of the world’ ? (TIBET)
[it stands 3 miles above sea level]
18. Which country won the last 5-Nations Rugby Cup in 1999 ? (SCOTLAND)
19. In which sport is the Millennium Trophy contested for, annually by Ireland & England ?
(RUGBY UNION) [as part of the Six Nations Championship]
20. Which 17th century architect was professor of astronomy at Oxford ? (CHRISTOPHER WREN)
(each correct answer is worth 2 points however if you get any wrong, all points below are wiped out!)
you must answer at least 3 questions.
1. The giant panda is the national animal of China, true or false ? (TRUE)
2. In 2009, which football club were relegated from League 2, losing football league status for the
1st time in 89yrs ?, was it Leicester City, Luton Town or Litchfield ? (LUTON TOWN)
3. There is a condition which can affect darts players, & severely damage their performance, the
condition is called ‘Dartitis’ true or false ? (TRUE) Eric Bristow has it
4. How many times did William Gladstone serve as Prime minister ?, 2,3 or 4 times ? (4) [1868, 1880, 1885, 1892]
5. Bob Marley died of cancer which started off in his toe, true or false ? (TRUE)
[doctors discovered a malignant melanoma in his toe, they recommended amputation but he refused for religious reasons. it then spread which
ultimately caused his death.]
6. Who is the youngest member of Girls Aloud ? (NICOLA ROBERTS) 28.
[Sarah & Kimberley-32, Cheryl-31, Nadine-29, Nicola-28]
7. Which Spanish city is nearest to Portugal ?, is it Barcelona, Madrid or Seville ? (SEVILLE)
8. In which sport must a shot be attempted within 24 seconds ? (also known as the 24 second shot),..
is it Basketball, Croquet or Polo ? (BASKETBALL)
9. Who or what is ‘rufous hornero’ ?, is it a South American bird or the pen name of an English
comedian, actor & TV presenter, famous for his moustache ? (SOUTH AMERICAN BIRD)
10. The snow leopard is the national animal of Afghanistan, true or false ? (TRUE)
Tie-Break:- In 2010, how many million members of Facebook were there ? (500 MILLION)